Brownwood to Host Miss Pregnant Teen Competition

Area leaders are hoping to put on the first annual ‘Miss Pregnant Teen’ competition this fall. Organizer Pamela Harvesen cites that “teenage pregnancy is often looked on in a negative light, but really it’s a wonderful thing.” Harvesen says that contrary to popular belief, there are many benefits of teenage pregnancy. “Teenage mothers typically have more children by the time they’re 20 than women who wait until they’re older to have children.”

preg
One competition of the pageant will include a bathing suit contest.

Another benefit Harvesen shared is that most women who have children in their teens do not have to work later in life. “What you have here is a woman who dedicates her life to raising children. Women who have children so young typically don’t have to work later in life because they turn in to full time mothers and fathers both. A lot of these women do not get child support either, so they’re taken care of through free housing, welfare, etc.”

Harvesen notes that while there has been a rise in teenage pregnancies, there is also growing ridicule of young mothers. “We want to display these girls in a positive light.” Several rounds of competition will be utilized to select the winner. “Our competitions will include a bathing suit competition, an interview about the importance of abstinence, and a competition among the mother’s of the contestants- called the youngest looking grandma.”

Brown County was chosen as a possible site for the pageant due to the county’s high number of teenage pregnancies per capita. While there is no definitive date or location for the competition, Harvesen stated that with school started back up, the number of teenage pregnancies should begin increasing shortly. “We see a lot of conceptions in the fall when school first starts back up. Hopefully we can look at having this competition in the spring when the girls really start to show. I’m thinking we could try to rent the Brownwood Coliseum or maybe the Lyric Theatre.”

Like us on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/bwdexaminer

satire

18 Comments Add yours

1. Audrey says:

I think Harvesen is a sick individual. Great influence that Brownwood is setting, just great. Let’s teach underage girls to get pregnant young and sacrifice any future of education, travel, physical or mental advancement, etc. Lets teach children to be leaches on the society and suck welfare out of the government which supports the community development. Let’s teach them they are worth nothing but to pop babies out. Oh and then they’ll be so happy. A life dedicated to raising kids without any chance of really living their lives. Just raise them kids to do the same thing they did, nothing beyond that horizon, a life filled with chicken express and ignorance. Go you.

2. travis says:

Worst thing in history. Shes actually saying that its a good thing when high school girls have 0 morals and get pregnant rather than focus on an education and become something more that just a statistic who isnt ready to support her own child because shes established? Pathetic. I especially love the part where this idiot says that welfare and government support for them is by default a wonderful thing.

3. Elizabeth says:

Is this a joke?

1. Sandra Petty Flowers says:

Of course it is! LOL!!

2. Judy Cross says:

I sure hope it is.

4. Claudia McDaniel says:

You mean this isn’t a satirical story?

5. tracy says:

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. I really thought it was a joke. Is this lady is idiotic as she sounds? How can she promote teen pregnancy and welfare and believe that is in any way a good thing. This lady truly needs to get a life because she must have to much time on her hands to one up with something this stupid. I hope my hometown does not endorse this idiotic event. Tracy

6. Kristen says:

Do fights break out when they realize 3 of them share the same baby daddy?

7. Amanda Wimberley says:

First off I am the mother of a 12 year old boy that I became pregnant with at the age of 17. I worked my hind end off to make sure I wasn’t on welfare and this lady is condoning the fact that these girls should be on welfare? We need to be encouraging them to make something out of their lives and be shown there is more to life than living off the government and piping out babies. I recently resigned as the West Texas administrator of an oilfield company so I can be home with my children so I have been afforded a of the things that she wishes for them to have. I have had these things because of hard work and dedication. Please quit trying to tell these young girls it is ok to become pregnant so young they need to know there is more to life! I love my son more than anything and wouldn’t change anything but I am an exception because more times than non this is not the case!

1. Daniel says:

To the girl that starts off “First off,” HA! Yours made me laugh the hardest! This is a joke.. Grow up!

8. Someone need to show them boys or girls where the damn condom aisle at Wal-Mart is ……come on people

1. Lalleen says:

…or….don’t “come on people”?

9. Sara says:

sat·ire
    ˈsaˌtīr/Submit
    noun
    the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people’s stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

1. All of you probably think The Onion is a reliable news source as well. *Face palm*

10. Beth Burke says:

I think it is satire people…

11. Rusty says:

What is this I don’t even

12. Ash says:

Guys…. Satire, much?

13. judiwth says:

Seems as though Brownwood may not be ready for satire in this form….or perhaps in any form. I keep seeing comments, on other pages, made by very sweet folks who take this publication seriously, bless their hearts.